- Prep time :
- Cooking :
- Conservation :
au frigo plus de deux mois
- Portions :
- 500 ml (2 cups) very dark maple syrup
- 250 ml (1 cup) cider vinegar
- 250 ml (1 cup) soy sauce
- In a deep saucepan (because maple syrup can boil over), pour in the maple syrup and bring to a boil for 10-15 minutes until it reaches 114 C = 237 F. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the cider vinegar and soy sauce.
- Over medium heat, reduce liquid by half (30-45 minutes) until syrupy.
For variety :
- Reduce with orange juice, red wine or broth…
- Or flavour with spices, ginger, garlic, rind, roasted sesame oil…
Up to 2 months in the fridge!