- Prep time :
- Cooking (vegetables) :
- Cooking (duck breasts) :
May vary depending on the thickness
- Portions :
- 4 Peking Duck breasts (choose Peking Duck breasts- they are smaller and more tender)
For the Mustard and 29 FÉVRIER® Maple Butter sauce:
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp old fashioned mustard
- 1 tbsp 29 Février maple butter
- 60 ml -3 tbsp of white wine
- 250 ml – 1cup chicken broth or better still, duck stock
- 1 tbsp butter
For the 29 FÉVRIER® maple butter white turnip purée and carrots:
- 800 gr – 1 ¾ white turnips, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 1 tbsp 29 FÉVRIER® Maple Butter
- A few dashes of lemon juice
- A few dashes of Tabasco (optional)
- 12 small carrots, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp 29 FÉVRIER® Maple Butter
- 3 green onions, minced
PREPARATION – VEGETABLES
29 FÉVRIER® Maple Butter white turnip purée and carrots:
White turnips – Place the white turnips, peeled and cut into pieces, in a pot of water with some salt. Bring to a boil, cook until the point of a knife penetrates easily. Drain well and place in mixer. Mix to a smooth purée, add 1 teaspoon of 29 FÉVRIER® Maple Butter, soft butter, salt, a few drops of Tabasco and lemon juice. Set aside and keep warm.
Place the carrots in a pot, add water, salt and bring to a boil. When cooked, cool under cold water and set aside.
PREPARATION DUCK BEASTS
Preheat oven to 150 0F (warming temperature)
- Remove the breasts from the refrigerator and leave at room temperature 15 minutes before cooking.
- Dry the breasts with paper towel, smooth the excess fat, grid the fat with a knife. Salt on both sides.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, place breasts skin side down and cook for 8-10 minutes without touching. Reduce the heat, turn over the breasts and continue to cook for 4 minutes. Remove the breasts from the skillet and place in a serving dish; let stand for 5 minutes in the oven at 150 0F. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
(Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the breasts.)
For the sauce:
- Pour out cooking fat, add the 29 FÉVRIER® Maple Butter, deglaze with white wine, wet with the duck stock or chicken broth, reduce liquids by half, then add the mustard and salt. Stir in butter and mix well.
- While preparing the sauce, place the pre-cooked carrots in a small skillet with a little fresh butter and 29 Février maple butter. Heat over low heat, stir well and add the chopped green onions.
Cut the duck breasts in half, lengthways. Place on hot plates, add white turnip purée, then carrots, pour over mustard and 29 FÉVRIER® Maple Butter sauce. Enjoy!